8+ years of experience in a variety of challenging software development environments. Currently my main programming language is Python.
Skills and Experience:
- Python - Most often used in the context of Django framework web application development. Also proficient in the Tornado, Flask and Bottle frameworks, as well as with "pure" Python as an application and scripting language.
- PHP - I have 5+ years of PHP experience (especially with the CodeIgniter and Kohana frameworks), but I would prefer to avoid PHP-related jobs at this time.
- MySQL - Experienced with advanced techniques such as nested queries, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
- Redis - I have successfully used it in multiple projects as a caching engine. I've also used it for some complex data storage solutions.
- MongoDB - I have used MongoDB in dozens of projects and I'm a big fan. I became MongoDB certified Spring, 2013.
- PostgreSQL - I have recently been using PostgreSQL in a growing number of projects.
- OpenCV - The core library in several computer vision projects I was involved in.
- Machine Learning - I have used ML algorithms in multiple projects.
- Linux Administration - Experienced Linux user and administrator. Able to set up development environments, as well as production environments.
- March 2015 - May 2015: an analytical system for a traffic management platform. I worked as a backend developer. My job was to integrate multiple ad management platforms APIs into a single system and make the ads management automatic.
- January 2014 - Present: Makers.md - It's a non-commercial project. I help with it's technical side.
- October 2013 - January 2015: 5Pointers.com Technical Lead - Senior Python Developer. I also manage a small team of developers and designers.
- January 2013 - Present: Personal projects:
- An API service that allows developers to create their own facial recognition applications without getting bogged down in computer vision algorithms.
- A home/office security system (not yet ready for public release)
- August 2013 - October 2013: Senior Python Developer at group of high traffic webcam and video hosting sites (3kk unique visitors per day).
- January 2013 - June 2013: Remote Developer for an international team of developers where I specialized in Django development and Computer Vision systems (OpenCV based using Python bindings).
- November 2011 - January 2013: GPI Holding Team Leader - My responsibilities included project management, technical interviews, system design, and Senior Programming for the most complicated features. Also performed Linux server administration. Involved in dozens of projects, but a few highlights include:
- Sqeeqee.com - Social Network: I did system design and managed a team of 5 developers, 2 designers and 1 HTML coder
- TRiViEW - An iOS/Android application. I worked on system design and managed a team of 1 iOS developer, 1 Android developer, 1 designer and 2 backend developers. Also I created the facial detection and recognition system (a web service accessible by the app's backend).
- August 2011 - October 2011: Compunet Group PHP Developer. Developed web applications for a Turkish social network and dating service company that had it's development office in Moldova.
- March 2009 - June 2010: Freelance Web Developer
- June 2008 - February 2009: Information Society Development Institute Software Engineer. Public institution doing website development for local institutes and academies. Also performed web development the German company Astrapro.de. A team-focused environment that emphasized teamwork, communication, coding standards, etc.
- January 2008 - July 2008: Freelance Web Developer. Variety of PHP web development projects.
- August 2007 - January 2008: Junior Web Developer for a consulting company specializing in small local projects.
- September 2007 - January 2010: Technical University of Moldova (on hold, have not graduated)
- September 1995 - June 2007: Lyceum of Alecu Russo
- Russian - Native
- English - Advanced written skills and proficient spoken communication
- Romanian - Adequate written and fairly good spoken skills